Rules and Regulations:
- PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR SHOES (NO SPIKED SHOES ARE PERMITTED IN THE EVENT)
- PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE A WAIVER BEFORE TAKING PART OF THE EVENT.
- PARTICIPANTS SHALL NOT BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL WHEN COMPLETINGTHE COURSE.
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED ONSITE
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED.
- YOUNG CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED WHEN SPECTATING THE EVENT.
- PRE-RUNNING / WALKING THE COURSE, OR PRACTICING OBSTACLES PRIOR TO THE OFFICIALSTART OF THE EVENT IS GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION.
- HEADPHONES, IPODS, MP3 PLAYERS, MUSIC PLAYERS AND OTHER PERSONAL AUDIO DEVICES ARE NOT TO BE CARRIEDOR WORN AT ANY TIME BY ELITE AND COMPETITIVE CATEGORY COMPETITORS WHILE ON THE
- LITTERING ON THE COURSE IS GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION, THIS INCLUDES GEAR THE ATHLETE STARTED THE EVENT CARRYING OR WEARING.
- SPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT IS EXPECTED OF ALL COMPETITORS, AT ALL TIMES IN ALL AREAS OF THE EVENT AND COMPETITION. ‘UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT’ IS GROUNDS FOR EXPULSION
- FROM THE EVENT AND FUTURE EVENTS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF RACE OFFICIALS.
Competitive Heat participants will be given a wristband to put on prior to the start of the race. The goal is to keep the wristband. In order to do this, a participants must successfully complete all the obstacles. If a participant fails an obstacle, they are able to continue to attempt it until they are successful. If they are not able to complete the obstacle, they will have their wristband cut off and complete a penalty loop. This will not allow them to be on the podium but still will obtain a race time.
Participants retrying must yield to participants on their first attempt.
Each obstacle will have a designated running penalty loop. If a participants fails an obstacle and does not want to attempt it anymore, they must complete a running penalty loop before they can proceed with the course.
The running penalty loop will be between 50 – 100 meters.
THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
For more information about volunteering, please contact us.
opportunity to qualify to compete at the 2018 Obstacle Course Race World Championships (OCRWC) in London, England taking place on October 19-21, 2018 and the 2018 North American OCR Championships in Stratton, Vermont on August 10th – 12th.